I'm currently working with a leading medical device located in the heart of Galway. They have an immediate opening for a Supplier Quality Engineer. This is a permanent position with a great benefits package. If you are looking to build on your current experience and join a great team working on some very exciting projects, this is the job for you!
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will develop, establish and maintain quality engineering methodologies, systems and practices which meet company, customer, and regulatory requirements.
You will be a Quality representative who improves awareness, communication and visibility on quality initiatives to support the company's goals and priorities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing engineering support for activities related to supplier selection and evaluation, material qualification, supplier performance and receiving inspection.
- Contributing to the development, maintenance and improvements of supplier quality policies and procedures.
- Providing guidance to Engineers in applying supplier quality system requirements.
- Reviewing and approving all material and component specification drawings.
- Providing engineering guidance to Receiving Inspection technicians including statistical analysis, measurement techniques and documentation.
- Assessing supplier capabilities through direct visits, technical discussions and quality system audits.
- Contributing to and participating in Material Review Boards.
- Contributing and participating in supplier performance reviews.
- Evaluating and establishing Supplied Data Agreements (Ship to stock Programmes) with suppliers.
- Working with product line engineering to assess and address material quality issues.
- Demonstrating a thorough understanding of related quality standards, including ISO and GMP.
- Assisting in establishing and implementing Supplier QA Department improvement goals.
- Evaluating in conjunction with EHS new equipment/ processes/ chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Travel will be expected in the role
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science or Quality Assurance, (min HETAC level 8)
- At minimum 2 years experience in an Engineering / Quality role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly to this advert with an up to date CV.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales