Sr. Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
I am recruiting for a Senior Cloud Engineer focused on Infrastructure to join the team at an exciting and innovative organization transforming the automotive industry. This position will be working as a key member of the Cloud Engineering and DevOps team to build scalable infrastructure that will ensure the overall performance and reliability of their key SaaS product delivery.
This will be a contract-to-hire position based out of San Francisco, CA.
- Support our Cloud infrastructure to improve reliability, availability and security.
- Administer, maintain and support applications, and infrastructure deployed across the company's microservices architecture.
- Perform a wide variety of software/hardware configuration/maintenance and operational support tasks of many diverse back-end systems, including, but not limited to, AWS Infrastructure, Postgres/SQL databases, and various application servers.
- Collaborate with various engineering peers to analyze, tune, and configure the platform infrastructure and systems.
- Setup and maintain 24x7 monitoring of environments and services, working with development teams to ensure SLA uptime/stability.
- Ensure rotational coverage for various after-hours deployments/maintenance windows.
- 4+ years of experience with AWS infrastructure and engineering in a hands-on technical role.
- At least 3 years of xaaS Production experience with Configuration Management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt) and infrastructure-as-code software, preferably Terraform
- 2+ years of experience building and supporting end-to-end CI/CD components delivering "no-downtime" Production releases.
- 4+ years of scripting experience with automation using Shell, Python, Perl.
- Knowledge of production system basics which includes DNS, credential management, logging, cron, process management, and package management.
- Requires a strong operations aptitude for multi-layered technical diagnostics triage, and a passion for building high-availability systems.
- Requires prior experience with agile DevOps practices building self-service "development systems" provisioning processes.
- Postgres, SQL, and NoSQL Database knowledge is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with containerization platforms such as Kubernetes and Docker, and familiarity with microservices management a plus.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.