In this function, you'll be responsible for the planning, execution and reporting of different projects, both in vivo as well as in vitro related to the above described activies of the lab. You'll report tot the ass. project leader of the project team.
Your responsibilities comprise:
* The organization, execution and reporting of animal studies and experiments under the supervision of responsible assistant project leader and/or departmental head.
* Conduction of (sub) projects by performing the development and/or transfer of new or improvement of existing tests or laboratory methods and techniques
* Organize/run training of commonly used lab techniques for customers, under the supervision of the assistant project leader
* Performance of laboratory activities for the running diagnostic assays in the lab.
* Fulfill general tasks within the organization related to GLP, SHE, IT and/or laboratory coordination.
* Maintain contacts with involved departments (e.g. production, quality, animal research department, regulatory affair departments, global marketing)
* Perform all tasks according to GLP and SHE compliance requirements.
* Close interaction with fellow scientists within own and other departments.
* Support of training of trainees and new employees
Required knowledge and skills
* HLO with 1-3 year experience in the subject area.
* Experience in laboratory techniques associated within the areas of virology, molecular biology e.g.(PCR), serology (e.g. ELISA) and cell culture.
* Experience with and proactive approach to GLP and SHE requirements.
* An adequate level of English (written and spoken) is necessary.
* Competencies: Analytical skills, able to master new areas and techniques in a fast and proper way, good communicative skills, good documentation skills, able to focus and set priorities. Able to switch between subjects easily, able to work efficiently and accurate also under time pressure, team player; able to work according to all compliance (GLP, SHE) requirements
Are you the new Scientist? Apply online or to speak to Michelle Smit via m.smit[a]realstaffing.com or 020 522 15 88