A drug-discovery company based in Cambridge, MA is seeking a Scientist with extensive experience in downstream process development to bring onto their team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record working with oligonucleotide-based purification processes as well as downstream process development and manufacturing methods in a GMP environment.
- Create a technical plan for laboratory work to implement a scaleable downstream process for the purification of ceDNA
- Conduct in-house experiments and oversee efforts within downstream process development including lysis, cell harvest, depth filtration, viral filtration, chromatography steps (IEX, affinity, mixed mode, etc.), and UFDF
- Lead runs of the established process and facilitate scale-up process at CMO
- Work with CROs to perform external development efforts
- Produce, interpret, and present data internally to cross-functional teams
- M.S. with 10+ years of experience or PhD with 5+ years of experience in biochemistry, bioengineering, biotechnology, or related discipline
- Proven track-record working with oligonucleotide-based purification process in a downstream process development setting
- Proficiency in downstream process development and activities in a GMP setting
- Superb attention to detail and results-oriented
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Experience collaborating with others to solve complex technical and scientific issues while simultaneously working independently in an efficient and effective manner
- Background managing CROs is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.