As a Packaging Engineer, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Select, procure, install, and validate packaging and labeling equipment
- Conduct Process FMEAs
- Identify and implement packaging process improvement projects
- Design, develop and test a wide variety of packaging used for the protection, display, and handling of products
- Determine packaging specifications according to the nature of the product, cost limitations, legal requirements, and the type of protection required, considering need for resistance to such external variables as moisture, corrosive chemicals, temperature variations, light, heat, rough handling, and tampering
- Design package exteriors considering such factors as product identification, sales appeal, aesthetic quality, printing and production techniques
- Responsibilities may include documentation management and an understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Creation and management of change requests within the document control system (currently Windchill)
- May lead or serve as member of cross-functional project teams
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Packaging Engineering or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in packaging or material handling
- Medical device experience preferred
- Understanding of FDA, GMP, and ISO guidelines
- Experience with equipment process validation principles as well as engineering documentation practices and statistical process control
- Requires ability to be innovative, resourceful, and work with minimal direction
- Requires excellent organization, problem solving, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
If you are interested in applying to hte position please apply at the details below. The Manager would like to get some one on boarding as soon as possible.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.