One of our favorite and biggest clients is looking for a freelance Computational Biology / Bioinformatics Scientist. This position offers the opportunity to play an impactful role in the development of comprehensive diagnostic tools, leading to improved outcomes in cancer care.
Computational Biology / Bioinformatics Scientist
You are responsible for carrying out industrial research, enlarging relevant knowledge and bringing-in new knowledge in the area of computational biology. You will be transforming knowledge to operational use within the team working on developing novel molecular tests. You will experience a methodological way of working, where milestones are defined in a clear project frame work, aligned with customer agreement.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Project length: till 31/10/2019
- Hours per week: 40 hours
- Location: Eindhoven area (the Netherlands)
Skills and experience:
- A MSc or PhD degree in biomedical engineering, computational biology, systems biology, biomedical informatics, bioinformatics or similar studies or studies such as applied mathematics, statistics, physics with a proven record of working with biological and clinical data
- A strong background in processing, analysing and interpreting (molecular) biology and/or clinical outcome data
- A strong background in modelling of biological systems
- A strong familiarity with tools such as R and/or MATLAB
- Both practical hands-on clinical and biomolecular data analysis experience and a sound mathematical education level
- Ability to combine biology and mathematics/statistics in developing new approaches and connect multiple disciplines
Are you the Computational Biology / Bioinformatics Scientist I'm looking for? Please contact Tom van Marsbergen via +31 (0)20 522 1588 or t.vanmarsbergen at realstaffing.com