Education Required: Four-year Degree in Engineering discipline and at least 5 years of relevant experience providing direct manufacturing process support OR Masters' Degree in Engineering discipline and at least 3 years of relevant experience providing direct manufacturing process support.
Years' Experience Required. - 5 years
Will there be OT? - more than likely
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides on-going shop floor support for all machining, metal finishing and assembly methods for assigned product lines.
* Partner with Project Engineer and determine Make vs. Buy decisions.
* Participate in print review, partner with Quality Engineering on determining gages and measurement procedures.
* May determine appropriate machine platform for product and review any necessary capital equipment requirements.
* Creates conceptual designs for fixtures, gages and special cutting tools. May conduct tool design reviews with Tooling Team personnel, purchasing personnel and outside tool suppliers. May determine outsourcing decisions as appropriate.
* Completes activities of the change control policy and Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) system in accordance with Medtronic Corporate CAPA system.
* Completes activities of Lean Sigma projects and process improvements.
* Initiates drawing changes with the product design engineer to improve manufacturing quality and reduce costs.
* May provide tooling selection input in partnership with the CNC Programmer to ensure existing tool maps. Troubleshoots CNC programming problems on the production floor. Coordinates necessary program changes with the appropriate CNC Programmer.
* Provides technical support to purchasing personnel and suppliers by interpreting product drawings, initiating the development of manufacturing drawings and resolving technical production problems.
* Proactively execute and support development of validation/qualifications studies. Determine strategy with appropriate teams and ensure that groups are involved early on in the needs of the engineering group.
* Responsible for the investigation of change requests received in the Manufacturing Engineering department, their rejection or approval, development and implementation of any process changes and proper documentation of any such changes.
* Working with the appropriate groups; maintains manufacturing process sheets for all machining, assembly, and finishing operations.
* Makes appropriate changes in manufacturing methods, processes and Manufacturing Process Planning documentation when dictated by engineering drawing changes. Documents all changes through the appropriate change control system.
* Resolves technical production problems on assigned product lines in machining, metal finishing and assembly operations working with shop employees and quality personnel.
* May partner with Quality in risk management activities (i.e.: PFMEA)
* Provide periodic updates of assigned projects to senior management, maintain project documentation, project plans, action item registers and actively manage risks related to cost, quality and schedule.
Minimum Educ and Exp:
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering discipline and at least 2 years of relevant experience providing direct manufacturing process support, OR
* Masters' Degree and less than 2 years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment providing direct manufacturing process support.
* Previous experience using risk management tools such as PFMEA's or other control plans
Preferred Educ and Exp:
* 1 Year of hands-on technical experience in a machining environment with intermediate understanding of either machine platforms, subsequent processes such as finishing, packaging, laser etch, assembly, blasting, or clean-room.
* Medical device industry experience preferred along with Society of Manufacturing Engineers certification.
* Lean Manufacturing Concepts Training (ie: Six Sigma)
* CNC Manufacturing Experience
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.