- Leiden, South Holland
- Pharma & Biotech
Currently I am looking for an Assistant Scientist for a pharmaceutical company in Leiden.
Assistant Scientist Analytical Assays & Molecular Biochemical Assays - Pharmaceutical Development Support
The Pharmaceutical Development Support (PDS) forms together with AA, MBA and QCD the Analytical Development (AD) department. PDS is a multidisciplinary team which performs both analytical assays and molecular biology assays.
PDS performs sample analysis to support the process development for our internal and external customers e.g. Up Stream Processes (USP), Down Stream Processes (DSP) and Formulation Development (FD).
We are searching for a motivated candidate with a can do mentality to reinforce our team as an assistant scientist (technician) experienced in both analytical techniques and molecular biochemical techniques. You will perform different assays like chromatography methods (HPLC/UPLC), capillary electrophoresis (CZE and CGE), light scattering (DLS), qPCR and ELISA.
You will work in a multidisciplinary team that work closely together with our customers and strives to deliver results with a high quality and speed.
Are you the team player that can also work independently, has experience with analytical assays and molecular biochemical assays, is eager to learn and likes to work in the lab? Then we are looking for you!
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
* Sample analysis for internal (& external) customers
* Executing analytical and molecular biochemical methods
* Data analysis and reporting
* Responsible for documentation e.g. CofAs and trending reports
* You will have some responsibilities such as assay responsible, shipments, material ordering, etc.
* Participating in Continuous Improvement projects (LEAN)
The position involves handling of biologically active substances.
* MLO+ / BSc in Analytical Chemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular and/or Cell biology or related fields.
* Minimal 3 year experience as a technician with a wide range of analytical techniques and molecular biochemical techniques such as HPLC/UPLC-chromatography, capillary electrophoresis, light scattering, qPCR and/or ELISA, preferably in a pharmaceutical environment.
* Experience in good documentation and quality systems (GxP) are preferable.
You like challenging lab work and are accurate, pro-active, flexible, reliable, show initiative and with a high quality standard during your daily work.
Are you the new Scientist? Apply online or to speak to a consultant about this project, contact Niek van Alfen via +31 (0)20 522 1588 or n.vanalfen[at]realstaffing.com